Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Bloody Erotic Frissons of Antoine Bernhart

This truly brilliant work from Antoine Bernhart is featured in Rope, Rapture & Bloodshed from Mondo-Bizzarro Press.

The French master of the sexually macabre would be at home in the company of Suehiro Maruo and Toshio Saeki.

His website is at: http://www.antoine-b.com/

To me, this is totally unfettered expression, a creative, visceral sodomization of everything that is crass, unoriginal, and safe (which is a huge portion of what passes as "daring" contemporary art).

The use of color and form is sublime, each stroke of the brush a burst of outrage.

Like a modern day Goya, he shows us our insides, and invites us to look closer at ourselves.

Few artists redraw the perimeters of the artform so boldly.






6 comments:

  1. Brilliant stuff! You have impeccable taste, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant stuff! You have impeccable taste, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ho. Lee. She. It.

    This stuff is amazing! I can't believe I've never heard of this guy! Muchos gracias for introducing me. I'm always on the lookout for artists who work is of a rather envelope-pushing variety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. d -- Thank you. So do you.

    ***

    WW -- Glad you like Antoine's B's work. It blows me away. I'm sure you're well aware of Toshio Saeki, too. If not, search my blog under his name. I've done several posts on him and Suehiro Maruo. You might want to review 'Midori' on your site. It's an amazing movie based on Maruo's work, but not drawn by him.

    Try here, William:

    http://phantomofpulp.blogspot.com/search?q=midori

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was serching so long to see some pics from Bernhart....Well Done!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. missesgrim -- glad I could help out. His work is superb and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete