Sunday, February 7, 2010

Put Your Devil Into My Hell

This fairly obscure curio is also known as Metti lo diavolo tuo ne lo mio inferno (Put Your Devil In My Hell).

I saw it many, many years ago in a small Melbourne art cinema, and remember little about it except that it was a very erotic British-style sex farce from Italy with a lot more sex and nudity.

Clearly inspired by The Decameron, Canterbury Tales, and their ilk.

And, yes, there is a friar who is trying to get into the panties of an attractive blond woman, but this token hypocrite spends much of his time ostracizing others for wanting her.

Working under the pseudonym of Albert Thomas, director Bitto Albertini also directed Black Emanuelle and Yellow Emanuelle.

His strangest film is probably Giochi erotici nella 3a galassia (aka Escape from Galaxy 3 aka Starcrash II). A bold move was blending light erotic material into a movie ostensibly aimed at kids. Unfortunately, the lovely Caroline Munro did not make an appearance.

The Put Your Devil in My Hell poster, which I recently found on-line, is stunning, so I thought I'd share it.


2 comments:

  1. "Put Your Devil in My Hell" that's really great!! Went straight into my collection.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. INV -- glad you liked it. It's terrific.

    ReplyDelete