Monday, June 18, 2012

How Austria Fostered A Sociopath



Not just a spell-binding book on the mind of a very sick individual, but a scathing critique of Austria pre- and post-WW2. An in-depth study of how a man like Fritzl, despite an earlier rape conviction, possessed qualities that permitted his sociopathic tendencies to be overlooked by those in authority and Austrian society in general.

Austria's relationship with Nazi Germany and its subsequent denial of intimacy shaped the scenery for decades that enabled Fritzl's crimes to go undiscovered for so long.

As horrific as the crimes themselves were the attitudes fostered by war and occupation.


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I think you were following my Necrotic Cinema blog. Or at least I seem to have been following yours :) I had to change the URL for a couple reasons. The drawback is I lost all my followers. If you like the sick site can you refollow me at:

    http://necroticcinema.blogspot.com

    Thanks

    Bill


    //(*-*)\\

    ReplyDelete