Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Don't Kow-Tow To The Noise




Two years in the making, my film Pond Scum nears completion.

Truly a collaborative effort, it has grown and morphed and mutated like a living organism into something that is, strangely enough, about the nature of creativity.




What I like most about filmmaking is the evolution of each project, and how the subject matter brings the like-minded together.

Frankly, I make films based on what fires me up. I make films with budgets and without budgets. There is always a way. That's what being creative is. Finding a way. Finding your own way. And ignoring the noise of negativity, envy, those projecting their own insecurities onto you, and those kow-towing to convention.




I have no illusions about Pond Scum's fate beyond completion.

It is dedicated to cinema's great revolutionary, Koji Wakamatsu, who may spin in his grave when he sees it. Who knows!?

4 comments:

  1. jervaise brooke hamsterFebruary 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM

    Phantom, my bloods running cold as 2:43PM gets closer, i cant believe in a little over 60 minutes its gonna` be 25 years to the exact second since we lost the angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fucking cool man. congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jervaise brooke hamsterFebruary 4, 2013 at 5:59 PM

    Phantom, just to clarify something, you know all those months ago when you called me a coward over on Soiled Sinema for not having the guts to set up my own Heather O`Rourke themed blog. Well its important to realise that in "THE TIME OF SEXUAL REPRESSION" everyone in the world is a coward, they have to be by definition. Sexual repression breeds lies, hypocrisy, fear, cowardice, and stupidity. I just thought i should remind you of that.

    ReplyDelete