Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Earliest Works of Toshio Saeki


This had been eluding me for some time, but I finally got my hands on it, and I was not disappointed.

Saeki's very early works lack none of the perverse imagination of his later creations, and it's inspiring to see how themes have remained constant.  


For mine, nobody blends the grotesque with the erotic as sincerely as Saeki, although I am certainly not discounting the beautiful and eclectic work of Suehiro Maruo, Jun Hayami, Hiroaki Samura.


Saeki's art, for me, is the purest extension of Japanese woodcuts, and explores the theme of man/woman/beast unions with a commitment that's sometimes dizzying for its freshness.


The best of the best mines the darkest human catacombs and excavates the brittle beauty of fresh experience. 

I've written extensively on this blog about Saeki, 
so use the search function if you want to see more.

1 comment:

  1. jervaise brooke hamsterMarch 20, 2012 at 8:49 AM

    I love the picture where the midger geezer is groping the little girl on the bicycle, presumably in preparation to shoving his knob up her gorgeous little bum, the fucking lucky bastard. That is a truly classic image.

    ReplyDelete